We have several things to let y’all know about, but first and foremost:
This Thursday, April 16th
Hoedown in Germantown
featuring Brad Leftwich and The Monks
with Old Man Kelly calling
Louisville Old Time Squares Association (LOTSA) presents our Third Thursday Hoedown in Germantown, an old-time square dance social!
Move your feet; your knees ain’t jelly.
Dance to The Monks and Old Man Kelly!
Doors open at 7pm with jamming in the bar
Beginners dance workshop around 7:30pm
DANCING from 8–10:30pm
Open calling until 11pm
Come one, come all, EVERYONE! ALL ages. ALL levels of experience.
$5 at the door (veterans, youth, & volunteers free)
- Fri, Apr 17: Louisville Country Dancers electro contra with D.R. Shadow, Lauren Peckman calling, Highlands Community Campus (Fb, Mu)
- Fri, Apr 17: Sing Out Song Circle with Jim McGee, Shine (Fb)
- Sat, Apr 18: LCD Third Saturday contra dance with Convolution, Deborah Denenfeld calling Highlands Community Campus (Mu)
- Sat, Apr 18: Old School Farm Dance with the Barn Cats, Old Man Kelly calling, Nashville, TN (Fb)
- Sun, Apr 19: Possible dancin’ in the street at CycLOUvia on The Avenue (more information to come)
- Sat, Apr 25–Sun, Apr 26: Louisville Sacred Harp Singing Bob Meek Memorial Sing, Harrods Creek Baptist Church
- Fri, May 29–Sun, May 31: Dare to be Square Helvetia, WV (www, Fb)
We’ll have several folks headed to this. It’s a blast. Let’s organize some carpools!
Old time jam led by Harry Bickel every Thursday evening at Danny Mac’s Pizza.
Contra dancing with the Louisville Country Dancers every Monday evening at Highlands Community Campus.
Want to support the dance? Contact us at email@example.com
Join our list by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or by visiting our Google group: http://groups.google.com/group/lotsa
Check out our website and calendar: http://www.louisvillesquares.org/
Check out our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LOTSA/
Check out our Meetup group: http://www.meetup.com/louisvillesquaresandcontras/